Fr Henry D’Almeida SJ
Date of Birth: 25-12-1963
- PhD – University of Pune
- MA – Sanskrit and Pali (University of Pune)
- MTh – Master of Theology (Vidyajyoti, Delhi)
- BSc – Physics(Karnataka University, Dharwad)
- BTh – Bachelor of Theology (Vidyajyoti, Delhi)
- BPh – Bachelor of Philosophy (JDV, Pune)
Administrative Experience :
- Member of the Executive Committee from the faculty of Philosophy,Jnanadeepa Vidyapeeth,Pune
- Member of the Doctoral Committee
- Member of the M.Ph. Board
- Member of the Library Committee
- Coordinator of the Language Laboratory
- Member of the Spirituality Center
- Member of the Science and Religion Centre
Professional Teaching Experiences :
- Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune (from 1997 to-date )
- Regional Theology Centre,Anekal(Bangalore)1999 onwards
- Mater Dei Institute(Goa)
The Courses Instructed :
- Early Hindu Thought(2Credits)
- Darshanas (2Credits)
- Indian Philosophy of Language and Hermeneutics(4 Credits)
- Nastika Dharsanas (2 credits)
- Bhagavad Gita ( 2 credits)
- Basic Sanskrit(2 Credits)
- Advanced Sanskrit( 2 credits)
- Historical Development of Indian Philosophy(2Credits)
- Indian logic(1 Credit)
- Religions in Karnataka(2 Credits taught in Kannada)
- Religious thought in Kannada Literature(2 Credits taught in Kannada)
- Pali(4 Credits)
- Indian religious Classics(4Credits)
Workshops and Special Lectures on the Topics :
- Salient Features of Indian religions on June 18-19,2010 Ishvani Kendra, Pune.“
- “Schhols of Vedanta” Department of Sanskrit, University of Pune
- Gita and Management-Workshop for the participants of Strategic
Paper Presentations :
- “Values of the Kingdom of God enfleshed in the Writings of Basava” Southern Regional Theologate Seminar,Chennai,2001
- “Faith(sraddha),reason(tarka) and wisdom(prajna) in Classical Indian Traditions: Nature, Dynamics and Praxis” JDV Interdisciplinary Seminar:October,12-13,2013.
- “Living Out Dharma:A Dialogue between Matthean Beatitudes and Jain Mahavratas”-Annual Interfaculty Seminar on Dharma of Jesus,11-12 October,2014.
- English- Kannada Theological Lexicon coedited with Jerome D’souza, Regional theology Centre, Bangalore.
- Gems from India, writings on Adhikara(p.173),Ahimsa(p.146),Brahmacarya(p.127),Dhyana(p.103),Naman(73),Sunyam(p.57),andYoga(p.133),ISPCK/VIEWS,Delhi,2006.
- Basava : Service to Humanity is Service to God.,Jeevadhara,May,pp.174-190,2002.
- “Modern Religious movements in India”(in Kannada)in Dharma Vishvakosha,Ed.,Rahmat Tarikere, Kannada University, Hampi,pp.55-63,2000.