Fr Isaac Parackal OIC
Date of Birth: 13-2-1969
- PhD University of St. Thomas Aquinas, Rome
- MPh (Master of Philosophy), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- BPh (Bachelor of Philosophy), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- MA (Master of Arts), University of Karnataka
- Teaching in the Faculty of Philosophy at JDV since 2007
- Served as Head of Systematic Philosophy Department
- Served as Coordinator of Masters’ program in Philosophy
- Member of the Doctoral Committee of Philosophy (since Feb. 2017)
- Academic Senate (since Sep. 2016)
- Visiting professor in different institutes
- Towards A New vision in the Understanding of Reality: Raimundo Panikkar and Arthur Peacocke, Rome: Angelicum, 2006.
- “Prakrti Manushya Bandhathinte Pavithrata: Oru Avalokanam”, Communique, 1/5 February 2008.
- “Holy Eucharist and Eco Theology” in Liturgy of St. James: Its Impact on Theologizing in India, John Berchmans OIC & James Puthuparambil OIC(ed), Bethany Vedavijnana Peeth Publications, March, 2009.
- “Faces of Peace,” Indian Currents, Vol. 21, No.20, May, 2009, 37-39.
- “Religious Harmony-Need of the Hour,” Asian Journal for Priests and Religious, Vol. 55, No. 4, July, 2009, 28-32.
- “The Awesome Power of the Word of God in Human Life,” From Streams to Source: Foundations of Malankara Theology – Essays in Honour of Dr John Berchmans OIC, ed. by Mathai Kadavil, James Puthuparmpil, George Thomas Kallunkal, Pune, BVP Publications, 2009 198-207.
- “Priest – Celebrant of the Cosmic Sacrament: Some Reflections on Holy Eucharist and Priestly Ministry” Jnanadeepa, Vol.13, No.1, January 2010.
- “Person,” ACPI Encyclopedia of Philosophy, ed. Johnson J Puthenpurackal, Asian Trading Corporation, Bangalore, India, 2010, 1018-1023.
- “Peace,” ACPI Encyclopedia of Philosophy, ed. Johnson J Puthenpurackal, Asian Trading Corporation, Bangalore, India, 2010, 1013-1015.
- “Integration in Integrity: Relevance of Cosmotheandric Vision” in Raimon Panikkar: Being beyond Borders, ed. Johnson J. Puthenpurackal, (Bangalore: ATC&ACPI, 2012), 179-200.
- “Cosmotheandric Vision: Authenticity with Authority” in Authentic Existence-A Philosophical Probe, ed. George Panthenmackel (Bangalore: ATC&ACPI, 2012), 416-435.
- “Raimon Panikkar”, in Raimon Panikkar: Being beyond Borders, ed. Johnson J. Puthenpurackal, (Bangalore: ATC&ACPI, 2012), 22-26.
- “Revisiting Religious Traditions for Environmental Ethics”, Satya Nilayam, No.24 (October 2013), 119- 126.
- “Malankara Catholic Church and Malankara Catholic Association,” A Concise Encyclopaedia of Christianity in India, (JDV& St. Pauls 2014), 562.
- “Holy Eucharist- A Call to Cosmic Order,” Thoughts and Memories, V.Thykoottathil(ed.), (Holy Redeemer’s Church, Pune 2015), 28-40.
- “Democracy in the South Indian Context-Goals and Challenges” in Democracy in an Age of Globalization, ed. by Jose Thayyil and Andreas Vonach, Innsbruck: Innsbruck University Press, 2015.
- Towards a Peaceful Coexistence,”in Indian Journal of Secularism, Vol.20, (July-September 2016), 79-83.
- “The Awesome Power of the Word of God in Human Life” in Asian Journal of Religious Studies, Vol. 62/3. (May-June 2017), 19-30.
- “Laudato Si’: Eco-Vision of Pope Francis” in Pope Francis: His impact on and Relevance for the Church and Society, ed. Kuruvilla Pandikatu, New Delhi: Christian World Imprints, 2018.
- “Towards an Eco-Spirituality” in Indian Journal of Secularism, Vol.21 (April-June 2017)
- “Towards an Eco-Spirituality” in Indian Journal of Secularism, Vol.21 (April-June 2018), 21-32.
- “Cosmotheandric Vision: A Call to Integration” in Kuruvilla Pandikattu SJ (ed) Everything is Interrelated: Christian Trinity and Hindu Advaita as Experienced by Raimundo Panikkar and Francis D’Sa, New Delhi: ISPCK & Pune: Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth 2019, 64-91.
ACADEMIC SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES:
- Participated in a colloquium on “Eastern Tradition and Culture” and delivered a lecture on “Indian cultural Heritage” organised by Jugendamt, at Aschaffenburg, Germany on 15th August 2007.
- Participated in a Seminar on Liturgy of St. James organised by Bethany Vedavijnana Peeth, at Bethany Ashram, Pune, on 4th to 6 th 2008.
- Conducted a Workshop with audio-visual presentations on “Indian Heritage and Culture” organised by Pfarramt, at Grossheubach, Germany on 15th August 2009.
- Designed and directed a Scientific Study on Mass Media and Christianity in November 2009, at BVP, Pune.
- Conducted a Workshop with audio-visual presentations on “Eastern Cultural Heritage” organised by Jugendamt, at Grossheubach, Germany on 15th August 2010.
- Conducted a Workshop with audio-visual presentations on “Indian Cultural Traditions” organised by Jugendamt, at Wuerzburg, Germany on 15th August 2011.
- Conducted a Workshop with audio-visual presentations on “Indian Cultural Traditions” organised by Jugendamt, at Wuerzburg, Germany on 15th August 2012.
- Participated in a seminar on Democracy and presented a paper “Democracy in the South Asian Context – Goals & Challenges: An Analysis” in the University of Innsbruck, Austria from 16th to 19th May 2012.
- Conducted a Workshop with audio-visual presentations on “Indian Heritage” organised by Jugendamt, at Wuerzburg, Germany on 31 July 2013
- Participated and presented a paper on Religious Freedom and Democracy in India on 6th November 2015 organized by Union Biblical Seminary (4th to 6th November), Bibwewadi, Pune.
- Conducted a workshop on Indian cultural heritage with Audio visuals at Jugendheim, Grossheubach organized by Pfarrei, Grossheubach in Wuerzburg, Germany on 18th December 2017.
- Presented paper on Cosmotheandric Vision organized by Philosophy Faculty, JDV on 8th December 2017 at JDV, Pune.
- Presented a Paper on “Cosmotheandric Vision: A Call to Integration” at JDV International Symposium in honour of De Smet and De- Marnef, organized by JDV Philosophy Faculty on 7th July 2018.
Address: Bethany Ashram
Ramwadi, Pune – 411 014.