Konrad Joseph Noronha SJ
Date of Birth: 27-9-1965
- PhD (Doctorate in Counsellor education and supervision), Loyola College Maryland, 2009-13
- MTh (Masters in Theology), Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi, 2014
- Pastoral Counselling, Loyola University Maryland, 2007-09
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology), Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi, 2002-05
- BPh (Bachelor of Philosophy), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, 1998-2000
- B.H.M.S (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery), Dhondumama Sathe Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune, 1984-89
- BSc (Bachelor of Science), St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, 1983-84
- Pilar Theologate, Goa (2016)
- Pallotine Theologate, Mysore (2015, 16)
- Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi (2015, 16)
- Visiting faculty at Sadhana Institute, Lonavala (2015)
- Reader, Faculty of Theology, JDV (since 2013)
- Director, Center for Pastoral Management (CPM), JDV (since 2013)
- Coordinator, Masters in Pastoral Management Program (MPM), JDV (since 2013)
- Counselor at Loyola University Counseling Center (2010)
- Lecturer at Yerala Homoeopathic Medical College, Mumbai (1991-95)
- Associate Editor of My Doctor Health Magazine (1991-95)
Edited Book Chapters
- Noronha, K.J. (2016). Ignatian Mysticism. In Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion. David Leeming (Ed.). pp 1-4. Springer: Berlin Heidelberg. doi:10.1007/978-3- 642-27771-9_9,363-1
- Noronha, K. J. (2016). God Images and Indications for Therapy. In N. Iqbal & S. Aleem (Eds.). Psychological Issues and Interventions in Health and Well-Being. pp. 406-419. Excel Publishers: Munirka, New Delhi
- Snodgrass, J. L., & Noronha, K.J. (2015). Responding to Explicit and Implicit Spiritual Content in Pastoral Counseling. In E. Mayanard & J. Snodgrass (Eds.).
Understanding Pastoral Counseling. pp. 139-160. Springer: NY, USA
Refereed Journal Articles
- Noronha, K. J. (2016). Spiritually Integrated Therapy in Grief: Case of G. Abstract in conference proceedings of the “FLAME International Case Conference,” 2016 [Niraj Mankad, Hoshiar Mal, Manoj Kumar]. FLAME University, Lavale, Pune, India.
- Noronha. K.J. (2016). Influences on God images in vowed religious men. Counseling and
Values. 61. 64-79. doi: 10.1002/cvj.12026
- Noronha, K. J. (2016). Reaching wholeness through Forgiveness and Love. Vidyajyoti
Journal of Theological Reflection, 80(3), 213-226. Academy Press: New Delhi, India.
- Noronha, K. J. (2015). Psychospiritual perspectives on the other. Abstract in conference proceedings of the International conference “Befriending the Other,” 2015 [Kuruvilla Pandikattu (Ed.)]. Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Ramwadi, Pune. JDV Publications.
- Noronha, K. J. (2015, January 27). Finding God in All Things: Older Jesuits and their
God Image. Paper published in the conference proceedings of the two-day National Conference on Vision India: The Road Ahead, Andheri (W) (pp. 151- 165). Mumbai, India. Valia C. L. College of Commerce and Valia L.C. College of Arts.
- Noronha, K. J. (2015). God Image in older adulthood: Clinical applications. Pastoral
Psychology. 64(1), 41-49. Springer, NY: USA. doi: 10.1007/s11089-014-0595-3
- Noronha, K. J. (2015). Impact of Religion and Spirituality on Older Adulthood, (2015).
Journal of Religion, Spirituality & Aging. 27(1), 16-33. TaylorFrancis: NY, USA. doi: 10.1080/15528030.2014.963907
- Noronha, K. J. (2014). Impact of religion and spirituality on older adulthood. Journal of
Religion, Spirituality & Aging. doi. 10.1080/15528030.2014.963907, 16-33. Published online: 23 Dec 2014. TaylorFrancis: NY, USA.
- Noronha, K. J. (2014). God Image Development in Clergy and Vowed Religious a, K. J. (2014). God Image Development in Clergy and Vowed Religious.Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, 78(3), 23-33 Academy Press: New Delhi, India.
- Noronha, K. J. (2013). Working with Art in a Case of Schizophrenia. Indian journal of
psychological medicine, 35(1), 89 – 92. Wolters Kluwer/Medknow, AP: India. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.112215
- Fractured Identities, Invisible Lives. Paper presentation at the JDV Inter-Faculty Seminar “Dissent in Democracy-A Demand of the Day.” 12-13 November, 2016.
- Aging and Caring & Spirituality of Aging. Two Presentations, 44 elderly religious sisters. September 23 & 24, 2016. JDV, Pune.
- Relationships, youth and media. August 27, 2016. Organized by AICUF, Pune Unit for six colleges. Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Ramwadi, Pune, India.
- Workshop on “Child Rights and Laws – Civil, Canon.” July 30, 2016. Mill Hill
Missionaries Community. Mill Hill House, Vadgaon Sheri, Pune, India.
- Conference presentation on Spiritually Integrated Therapy in Grief: Case of G. July 15- 16, 2016 “FLAME international Case Conference,” FLAME University, Lavale, Pune, India.
- Workshop on Conflict Management. June 23, 2016. Heads of Communities of the Salesian Province of St. Francis Xavier. Don Bosco Provincial House, Mumbai.
- Ethics of Child Protection. Jesuit scholastics of Bombay Province. May 11, 2016. Vinayalaya, Andheri, Mumbai.
- How do you do what you do? How do you want to do what you do? Managing life’s
transitions; various aspects of celibate chastity. May 6, 2016. Pre-regents, Western Region. Vinayalaya, Andheri, Mumbai
- Psychosexual integration. Karnataka II-year theology scholastics. April, 22-26, 2016. Karnataka Regional Theology Center, Anekal, Karnataka.
- Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis. (2016, March 7-8). Presentation at the National Conference, “Exploring Contemporary Trends in Social Sciences” at Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali’s Sir Parashurambhau College, Pune, Maharashtra.
- God Images and Indications for Therapy. (2016, March 1-2) Presentation made at the International conference, “Psychosocial perspectives on Health and Wellbeing,” Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Judge for Intercollegiate Debate Competition. St. Vincent’s Night College, Pune. December 19, 2015
- Suicide prevention in farmers. Moderator and expert at discussion with Directors of Works and resource personal of Pune diocese. Bishop’s House, Pune. December 3, 2015.
- Psychospiritual perspectives on the other. (2015, November 26) Presentation at the International conference, “Befriending the Other,” at Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth, Ramwadi, Pune 411014, Maharashtra, India.
- Consecrated life. Talk to CRI-Delhi sub unit. October 17, 2015. Missionary of Charity house, Majnu Ka Tilla, Delhi.
- Building a culture of safeguarding in our Provinces and Regions. Conference. (2015, October 22-25). Gregorian University, Rome. Italy
- How do you do what you do? How do you want to do what you do? Managing life’s
transitions; various aspects of celibate chastity. April 30, 2015. Pre-regents, Western Region. Loyola High School, Pashan, Pune
- Psychosexual integration. Karnataka and Andhra Province II year theology scholastics. 10 scholastics. 20 – 25 April, 2015. Karnataka Regional Theology Center, Anekal, Karnataka.
- Conference presentation: “Finding God in all things:” Older Jesuits and their God
Image. Presentation at the National conference, 2015, “Vision India: The road ahead, at Valia C. L. College of Commerce and Valia C.L. College of Arts, CES road, D.N. Nagar, Andheri (W), Mumbai – 53, January 2, 2015
- Workshop on “The Pastor: Consecrated Manager” – Mumbai diocese, Marthoma church. October 10, 2014 conference “Body broken for you.” St. Johns School, and Marthoma camp, Kamsheth, Lonavala.
- Aging and caring workshop. Sisters of the cross of Chavanod. Sanjeevan Ashram, Dole
Patil Road, Pune. June 28, 2014
- How do you do what you do? How do you want to do what you do! Workshop for Junior college staff. Mount Carmel Junior College, Lullanagar, Pune, Maharashtra, India, June 13, 2014
- Spirituality and stress. Pedro Arrupe Institute, Raia, Goa, India. August, 25, 2013.
Stress Management. Annual Student Conference. Bowie State University, Maryland. April 23 – 24, 2012
- Loss of loved one group. Bereaved family members. The counseling center at Stella Maris, 2300 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium, MD. November 10, 17, December 1 & 8, 2012.
- Three talks – 1 hr. (1) Self-care for the caregiver, (2) Change, compassion,
communication for the caregiver, (3) Spirituality for the caregiver. St. Alphonsus Rodrigues church, Woodstock, MD. Parishioners etc. March 11, April 15, May 13, 2012.
- Loss of loved one group. The counseling center at Stella Maris, 2300 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium, MD. March 22, 29, April 12, 19, 26, 2012
- Caregiver comfort series. Caregivers. Mercy Ridge at Stella Maris. Four-part series twice – October 6, 13, 20, 27 and November 10, 17, December 1 & 8, 2011.
- On death and dying. Volunteers. Stella Maris Hospice. October 18, 2011
- International perspectives on counseling and mental health. Mid-year conference. Loyola University Maryland. March 27, 2010.
- Self-care and stress management. Staff of Creative Alternatives and CPP. Creative Alternatives, Johns Hopkins, Bayview. March 10, 2010.
- Mindfulness and imagery meditation sessions. Patients with depression. Creative Alternatives, Johns Hopkins, Bayview. 2009 – 2010
- Application of Senses (AOS) + Art Therapy. Dual diagnosis patients. Creative Alternatives, Johns Hopkins, Bayview. 2009 – 2010
- Presentation on techniques, “Stress management.” Transitional housing setting. Marian house, 932 Gorusch Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218. November 14, 2009.
- Application of Senses (AOS). Residents. Mercy Ridge at Stella Maris. July 22, 28, August 4, 2009
- Application of Senses (AOS) + Art Therapy. Dual diagnosis patients. Creative Alternatives, Johns Hopkins, Bayview, 1831A Portal Street, Baltimore,
MD. July 8, 15, 22, 2009
- Application of Senses (AOS). To Counselors. The counseling center at Stella Maris 2300 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium, MD. June, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 14, 2009.
Address: De Nobili College
Nagar Road, Ramwadi
Pune – 411014