Fr Paul Raj Mariapushpam
Date of Birth : 15-03-1967
- PhD, (Leopold-Franzens) the University of Innsbruck, Austria (2005-2011)
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune (1991-1994)
- BPh (Bachelor of Philosophy), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune (1988-1990)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Madurai Kamaraj University (1987-1990)
Lecturer of theology at JDV since 2012
- On “KanitharumMuthumai : Abraham” in ViviliyaKathir(2,7, July 2013), 5-9 (in Tamil).
- On “God in the Manger: This is Christmas for Me”, in AJRS November 2012, 7-12.
- On “Paul, the Pastoral Theologian”inAJRSMay2013, 30-33.
- Co-authored an article on “The Faith of Job” along with Jose Dominic published in AJRS– July 2014, 13-21.
- Co-authored an article on “Emperor Emmanuel Trust” along with Anto Paulson in AJRS– September 2014, 25-32.
- On “Symbolic in the Bible,” in The Symbolic World: Construction and Deconstruction, ed. S. SekarSebastin (ATC-ACPI, 2015), 130-147.
- On “Face-To-Face with Jesus: Samuel Rayan’s Use of the New Testament,” in: The Vision of a New Church and a New Society: A Scholarly Assessment of Dr.SamuelRayan’s Contribution to Indian Christian Theology, ed. KurienKunnumpuram S.J. (New Delhi: Christian World Imprints, 2016, 271-286.
- On “Jealous or Zealous God? Biblical Understanding of Tolerance / Intolerance,” in JeevadharaXLVI / 273 (2016), 9-26.
- Read a paper on “Symbolic in the Bible” at the ACPI Seminar on “Symbols: Construction and Deconstruction,” on 16th October 2014 (15th to 18th October, 2014), in Aluva.
- Responded to L. Legrand’s paper on “SCRIPTURE AND THEOLOGY: A GAP?” at the CBAI seminar on “Scripture and Theology” on 17th October 2014 (17th to 19th October), Nava Spoorthi Kendra, Bangalore.
- Read a paper on “1 Cor 14:23-25: Becoming Missional: A Constitutive Element of Every Christian Congregation” at the seminar on “Becoming a Missional Congregation in the Twenty-Frist Century Indian Context” organized by the Centre for Mission Studies (CMF), UBS, Bibvewadi, Pune, on (15th to 17th December 2014) – (edited copy of this paper has been sent to the press for publication)
- Read a paper on “Samuel Rayan’s Usage of the SS in His Theological Reflections” at the Seminar on Samuel Rayan on (28th to 31st December, 2014) at Christ Hall, Kozhikode.
- Read a paper on “Doctrine-Discipline Pattern: A Help to Understanding Pauline Perception of Christian Families” atCBAI Annual Seminar on “Family and the Bible,” 23rd – 25th October 2015, Ishvani Kendra, Pune (edited copy of this paper has been sent to the press for publication)
- Read a paper on “Strangers at Home: NT Concern for Migrants,” at the international conference on “Befriending the Other” at JDV, Pune on 27th, 2015 (24-27 Nov 2015) – (edited copy of this paper has been given for publication)
- One-day interactive session with c 20 youth from Germany in Trichy on “Wenn Osten und Westen sich begegnen? / Dialog zwischen den Kulturen. Ein Erfahrungsbericht” on 27th February 2013.
- A series of talks on “Introduction to the Book of Revelation” and on “Discourses of Matthew” delivered to “Deepen Your Faith” Group from Mumbai on four different dates.
- Courses on Letters of Paul, Catholic Epistles, and Theology of the NT to the II and III B.Th Students and to the one-year theology students of Mater Dei, Goa. Also taught Letters of Paul to Novices as part of Inter-Novitiate Classes, Pune.
- Involved in organizing and conducting bible classes for the parishioners of “Shamrock Bible School” (c. 60 participants) in St. Patricks, Pune since June 2014.
Address: Papal Seminary
Ramwadi, Nagar Road
Pune 411 014