FR THOMAS KARIMUNDACKAL SJ
Date of birth: 16-08-1970
- PhD in Sacred Scripture, University of Innsbruck
- Licentiate in Sacred Scripture, PBI, Rome
- Diploma in Pastoral Counselling, SRC, Calicut
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- BPh (Bachelor of Philosophy), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- MPhil in Chemistry, University of Bharathidasan, Trichy
- Masters in Chemistry, University of Bharathidasan, Trichy
- Diploma in Yoga Training, Yogadham, Pune
- Bachelors in Chemistry, University of Calicut
- Lecturer in Theology at JDV
- Conducted Leadership Training programmes for youth, children, laity, religious etc.
- Taught in JDV, Pune (2010-2013)
- Taught in AKJM Higher Secondary School (2000-2001)
A Call to Commitment: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Deut 10,12-11,32 (FzB 135), Echter Verlag: Würzburg, 2017.
- “Verukal Thedi”, in: Idavakiyam (Kalady 2003), 12-23.
- “Adhunika Sastram Thirichariyunna Daivikamanam”, in: Jeevadhara vol XXXIV (October 2004): 337-346.
- “Satyagrahiyaya Khristu”, in: Bharatham kanda Khristu, ed.by Thomas Panikulam, S.J (Bharanaganam 2005), 53-90.
- “Christmas Ravile Nakshathrangal Paranjathu”, in: Holy Family Message, vol 1, (December 2007), 7-9.
- “Promising Hope: Men of God and Men for Others”, in: Kerala Jesuit souvenir, (May 2011): 88-94.
- “Women in Search of Equality: Equality through Education”, in: Birthing a New Vision: The Empowerment of Women Religious in India, (March 2011): 45-50.
- “Luke 22:39-46 – A Subaltern Paradigm”, in: Jeevadhara XLI (March 2011): 139-153.
- “Re-Discovering the Grandeur of Indian Traditions: Life and Work of Prof. John Vattanky, SJ”, in: An Indian Ending. Rediscovering the Grandeur of Indian Heritage for a Sustainable Future. Essays in Honour of Prof. Dr. John Vattanky SJ on completing Eighty Years, ed. by K. Pandikattu – B. Pichalakattu, New Delhi 2013, 261-278.
- “Principles for a God-centered Existence”, in: Gottes Wort im Menschenwort: Festschrift für Georg Fischer SJ zum 60. Geburtstag (ÖBS 43), ed. by D. Markl – C. Paganini – S. Paganini, Frankfurt a. Main 2014, 37-54.
- “Bringing Vision into our Mission”, in: DNC Times, February 2015, 15-16.
- “Lessons for Life: I have learned from Austria”, in: Jivan (May-June 2016), 30.
- “The Sojourner, the Fatherless and the Widow in Deuteronomy,” in: Bible Bhashyam, 43/3, September 2017, 55-73.
- “Sabbath in the Hebrew Bible,”in: Asian Journal of Religious Studies, 62/6, November 2017, 5-13.
- “The figure of David in 1&2 Samuel,” in: Asian Journal of Religious Studies, 63/2-3, March 2018, 12-16.
- “Swastharavuka, Nirakularavuka,” in: Kairos, 17/2, February 2018, 8-9.
- “Making Ourselves Credible,” Francis Effect: Fifty-one Articles on Pope Francis’ Insights, ed. by Kuruvilla Pandikattu, SJ & Vadappuram M Jose, SJ, Papal Seminary, Pune, 2018, 50-54.
- “The Incomparable YHWH: The Portrait of YHWH in Deut 10,12-11,32”, in: Journal of Sacred Scriptures, Vol 12, March 2018, 9-28.
- “Shanthiyude Idangal”, in: Ezhuthu, April 2018, 98.
- “Election Theology and the Pelagian Understanding of Human Will”, in: My Way or God’s Way? Neo-Gnosticism and Neo-Pelagianism in Interdisciplinary Perspective, ed. by Francis Gonsalves SJ, Arjen Tete SJ & Dinesh Braganza SJ, Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, 2018, 116-142.
- “Chosen People: The Concept of Election in Deuteronomy”, in: Bible Bhasyam 44/1 March 2018, 3-30.
- “When the King Crosses the Line: The Figure of David in 2 Samuel 24” – Part 1, in: VJTR 82, May 2018, 325-339.
- “When the King Crosses the Line: The Figure of David in 2 Samuel 24” – Part II, in: VJTR 82, June 2018, 423-438
- “The Trends and Challenges in the Scholarship of Deuteronomy”, at the University of Innsbruck, in the Seminar on the Book of Deuteronomy and its contemporary significance on 12-14 April, 2014, organized by the Department of Old Testament, Franz-Leopold University, Innsbruck.
- “The Sojourner, the Fatherless and the Widow in Deuteronomy”, at the University of Innsbruck, in the Seminar on Menschenrechtsverletzungen und Deuteronomium, on 6-7 November 2014, organized by the Department of Old Testament, Franz-Leopold University, Innsbruck.
- “Principles for a Yhwh-centered Existence”, at the University of Innsbruck, in the Seminar on Making the Scriptures Relevant, on 18-21 May, 2015, organized by the Department of Old Testament, Franz-Leopold University, Innsbruck.
- “The Portrait of Moses in Deuteronomy”, at the University of Innsbruck, in the Seminar on Biblical Characters and their Contemporary Relevance, on 19 January organized by the Department of Old Testament, Franz-Leopold University, Innsbruck.
- “Biblical Paradigms for an Ecofriendly Existence” at IBIS, Delhi, in the national consultation on Ecology and Environment on 18-19 September, 2017 organized by the Green Earth Publications, Delhi.
- “Election Theology and the Pelagian Understanding of Human Will” at JDV Pune, in Interdisciplinary Symposium on Neo-Gnosticism & Neo-Pelagianism, on 3-4 November, 2017 organized by Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth & the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Vatican City.
- “Human Soul – Mortal or Immortal? A Biblical Perspective” at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, in International Symposium on Recent Developments in the Neurological Sciences and the New Interpretation of the Spiritual Aspects of Humans, on 9-11 February, 2018 organized by St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai & IISR Delhi.
- “The Concept of Soul in the Bible” at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi, in the national conference on Paradigms of Spiritual Awakenings, on 13-14 March, 2018 organized by the Green Earth Publications, Delhi.
- “The Pastoral Significance of Passion Narrative” at Randegg, St. Pölten, Austria on March 21-23, 2018, in the Fortbildung session organized by the diocese of St. Pölten for the Pastoral assistants of the diocese.
- “The Intellectual Dimension of the Jesuit Ministries”, at Christ Hall, Calicut, on 18-19 May 2018, on the occasion of the Province assembly 2018.
Address: Papal Seminary
Ramwadi, Nagar Road
Pune 411 014