Sr. Patricia Santos, RJM
Date of Birth: 17-3-1968
- PhD and S.T.D. in Pastoral and Empirical Theology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2018
- Master of Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2014
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology (S.T.L.), Boston College School of Theology and Ministry, Boston , 2011
- BTh (Bachelor of Theology), Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, 1999
- PG Dipl. in Counselling Psychology, St. Xavier’s Institute of Counselling Psychology, Mumbai, 2006
- MA (Educational Psychology), University of Pune, 1990
- BA (Psychology), University of Pune, 1988
- Lecturer in Theology, Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, Jan. 01, 2019
- Taught Bachelor and Masters students, KU Leuven, Oct. 2014 – May 2018
- Lecturer in Theology, Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune, Sep. 2011 – Jan. 2014
- Animator – Women’s Forum of JDV, Pune.
- Principal of Pre-primary Prem Dan Charitable Trust School, Mumbai, Sep. 2001 – May 2008
- Taught Junior College students, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, Jun. 2003 – May 2004
- Taught High School children of Sarvajanik High School, Carambolim, Goa, Jul. 2000 – Aug 2001
- Patricia H. Santos, “That All may Enjoy Abundant Life: A Theological Vision of Flourishing from the Margins,” Feminist Theology 25, no. 3 (2017): 228-39.
- Patricia Santos, Review: Theology and Power: International Perspectives, ed. Stephen Bullivant – Eric Marcelo O. Genilo – Daniel Franklin Pilario – Agnes M. Brazal, in Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Université Catholique de Louvain, Peeters: Ephemerides Theologicae Lovanienses, 2017, 391-392.
- Patricia H. Santos, “Wat Betekent Gandhi Voor India Vandaag,” in Mahatma Gandhi: Spirtualiteit in Actie, ed. Luk Bouckaert (Leuven and Gent: SPES Forum, Yunus Publishing, 2017), 33–40.
- Patricia Santos, “‘Woman, Where Have You Come from and Where Are You Going?’ Circular Female Migration, the Catholic Church, and Pastoral Care in India,” in Church in an Age of Global Migration: A Moving Body, ed. Susanna Snyder, Joshua Ralston, and Agnes Brazal (UK: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016), 147-158.
- Patricia H. Santos, “Reclaiming the Space Within: The Resilience, Resolution, and Resistance of Women in Constrained Shared Spaces,” Asian Horizons 10/ 2 (2016): 362-73.
- Patricia Santos, Review: Soft Shepherd or Almighty Pastor? Power and Pastoral Care, ed. Annemie Dillen, in Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Université Catholique de Louvain, Peeters: Ephemerides Theologicae Lovanienses, 2016, 163-165.
- Patricia Santos, “Remembering the Heroic Biblical Women: Towards a Relevant Prophetic Ministry?” Asian Journal of Religious Studies, Vol. 58/5, (September 2013): 14-23.
- Patricia Santos, “Internal Circular Migration in India: An Opportunity and a Challenge for Marginalised Families”, Asian Horizons, Vol. 7, No 2, (June 2013): 315-327.
- Patricia Santos, “Mary of Nazareth: An Integral Perspective”,Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, Delhi, Vol. 76 (November 2012): 23 – 31.
- Participated and presented my research on “A Spirituality of Flourishing at the Margins” at the one-day Conference organized on 20 May, during the International Association of Religion and Gender (IARG) Summer School at the University of Maastricht, 16 to 21 May 2017.
- Participated in the Omnes Gentes Colloquim “Religion, Development and Liberation: 50 years after Populorum Progressio,” at KU Leuven, 14-16 November 2016 and shared my research in the ‘Gender and Development’ workshop on 16th November.
- Participated in the International Anthropos Conference “Relation, Vulnerability, Love: Theological Anthropology in the 21st Century” at KU Leuven, 15 to 17 September 2016 and chaired the session: Body, Mind, and Spirit: New Materialism and Theology.
- Keynote speaker at the BISFT (Britain and Ireland School of Feminist Theology) Conference “Toward Abundant Life in the 21st century” at the University of Winchester, UK, 26 to 29 July 2016.
- Organized and participated in the seminar of the Center for Women’s Studies in Theology on “Mother Earth/Mother Church: A Maternal Theological Dialogue with Laudato Si” with Tina Beattie, at KU Leuven, 3 March 2016.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “Feminist theologies: Christian and Hindu Perspectives from the Indian subcontinent” at the conference Religions and Feminisms: Intercultural and lnterreligious Perspectives, organized by the Irish School of Ecumenics, Trinity College, Dublin, 25 February 2016.
- Participated in the Center for Liberation Theologies Seminar and presented a paper entitled “Romero’s Desire and Efforts to bring Life in its Fullness to All People” KU Leuven, 21 May 2015.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled ‘A Spirituality of Flourishing: An effective response to the impact of circular migration on women in India’ at the conference “Between Theology and the Political,” at the University of Manchester, UK, 26 to 28 March 2015.
- Participated in a National Seminar on Samuel Rayan in India from 27th to 31 December 2014 and chaired one of the paper presentations as well as was one of the emcees for the entire seminar.
- Participated in the INSeCT (International Network of Societies for Catholic Theology) Conference, held in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 16 to 20 July 2014, and presented a report on the development of theology in India during the last 10 years and the challenges and prospects envisaged for the future.
- Participated in the International Conference “Revisiting Vatican II: 50 years of Renewal” at Bangalore, January 2013 and chaired one of the parallel sessions.
- Participated in the Annual Conference of the Indian Women Theological Forum “Women and Sexuality” and presented a paper “Sexual Abuse and Violence against Women” in Mumbai, October 2011.
Address: Convent of Jesus & Mary
5, Club Road, Pune – 411001